Thursday, April 3, 2014

Before You Were Born

I found out you were coming to our family near the end of May, 2013.  I was so very excited!  I had been hoping you were coming for almost 6 months and you were finally on your way!  I thought it would be fun to share the news with your dad in a fun way, but I was way to excited so I told him right away.  We kept it a secret between the two of us for awhile.  That was a little tricky because we took a lot of trips to visit family during this time as Bryan and Braxton were leaving on missions.  One night when we were with the Stowell family in California, Uncle Scott started teasing me and asking me if I was pregnant.  It was all I could do to keep a straight face!  We were able to keep the news to ourselves until after my first doctor appointment.



On Fourth of July weekend, we bought a new shirt for Owen to wear.  We were going to be seeing both families this weekend and thought it would be a good way to tell them our exciting news!  It took awhile for most people to understand what his shirt was saying...eventually everyone figured it out and they were all so excited!


When I was about 16 weeks along we took all the children to a picture place to see some images of you!  They were all (especially your sisters) so excited to see that you were real and to find out if they were getting a baby brother or a baby sister.
It's a little brother!!
Through all the summer and fall of 2013 my belly kept growing bigger and bigger!
All because you were growing bigger and bigger!  You have the cutest little profile!
For Halloween, I dressed you up as a little ghost bump.




My cousin Amy is expecting a little boy just a few weeks after you are scheduled to arrive!  This pregnancy was pretty uneventful and perfectly normal.  You gave me horrible heartburn everyday, and near the end made it really hard for me to get a good sleep at night.  I love feeling your little flutters and kicks and punches as you grew.  The doctors said you would come around the first week of February.  I thought you would probably come a little early, just like your siblings, around the last week of January.

 On New Year's Eve we joked about you coming now and being a Happy New Year baby.  You didn't come.  The next day you gave me a scare as you were very still that day and I didn't feel you move very much at all.  We went into the hospital to check things out.  I was so relieved to hear that little "whoosh whoosh" sound as the doctor found your heart beat and assured us that everything was fine with you and you were doing great!
Two days later you surprised us all when my water broke, 5 weeks early, and I knew you were finally on your way to our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment